Orthodontics is a dental specialty involving the straightening of teeth. Although it can be easier and faster to straighten your teeth when you are young, orthodontic treatments aren’t just for teenagers.
There are many reasons to consider getting treatment to align your teeth. Aligning your tooth can solve overcrowding and gaps that make some patients self conscious. But there are other advantages to straight teeth as well. They make your teeth easier to clean. Crooked teeth can hurt your ability to chew and speak. Misaligned teeth can even cause bite issues, leading to agitated and sore jaw muscles, often called TMJ, which can lead to headaches and night grinding.
At Lawrence Avenue Dental in Toronto, we have a variety of treatments to accomplish this. We offer metal braces and braces made of teeth coloured ceramic. We also offer invisalign, a nearly invisible plastic retainer that straightens teeth over time. These invisible aligners are custom fitted to comfortably and effectively shift your teeth into place.
When you see our orthodontist at Lawrence Avenue Dental in Toronto, they’ll talk to you, examine your teeth and determine a treatment plan for you. Different patients will have different priorities, but common concerns are:
- How crooked are your teeth? Specifically, in what way are they crooked?
- Have all my adult teeth erupted yet?
- How long will the treatment take?
- How will I look after my teeth have been straightened? How will they look while they are getting straightened?
- Does my treatment plan interfere with my oral hygiene?
- Can I follow the treatment plan? If I’m using a retainer, can I wear it 20-22 hours a day? Am I likely to lose it?
If you want to straighten your teeth, you can visit us, contact us online, or call us at (647) 800- 7036.