Why Invisalign and Dental Bonding Could Be the Answer You’ve Been Looking For
January 13, 2023 / DENTISTRY
RELATED POSTS / BLOG
When it comes to the great Invisalign versus braces debate there is often no one perfect answer; in fact, it often comes down to what is right for you, your budget, and your lifestyle.
Sometimes your misalignment may dictate the best course of action, as those requiring more intensive alignment correction would see better results with traditional braces. Invisalign are traditionally used for more mild cases and often worn for a shorter duration (if they are worn properly). However, with all things being equal, take time to connect with your team at Lawrence Avenue Dental and talk through these six questions to help you decide between more traditional braces and Invisalign.
- Which look do you prefer? Many kids today still love the look of the traditional braces due in part to the colourful accessories. They feel that they can really customize their look. Older teens and adults may like the more subtle look of the Invisalign.
- What is my budget? There is a price range for both options depending on your individual needs. You’ll want to understand the prices associated with each and then check in with your Insurance Provider (if you have) to determine their coverage. It may come down to dollars and cents.
- Would I achieve better results with Invisalign or braces? As mentioned above, sometimes a smile that needs a more aggressive correction would do better with traditional braces. If your dentist feels strongly about one course of treatment, they will let you know.
- Which can I live with? Your choice will be a part of your life for the better part of the next 6 to 18 months. Perhaps you play a high contact sport and the thought of getting hit in the mouth wearing metal braces makes you cringe. Perhaps the flexibility of being able to remove the aligners to eat is a bonus for you (and then you don’t have to give up your morning bagel). Whatever your circumstances, be honest about what you can, and can’t live without.
- Am I responsible? This may seem like a silly question, and you’re probably saying, “Of course I am.” But it is easy to remove aligners and go about your day. If you, or your child, are forgetful, or if the idea of removing them more frequently than you should is tempting, perhaps you’d do better with braces… it will help you meet your goal without giving you the easy out.
- Which option did my dentist recommend? Often your dentist will help you determine the best course of action for your goals and lifestyle. Take the time and ask these, and any other questions, to help you decide.
If you’re still on the fence, maybe we can shed some light for you… that’s what we’re here for. Book an orthodontic consultation with Dr. Lily Lo at Lawrence Avenue Dental and we’ll walk you through the options and answer all your questions.
Regardless of which option you choose, know that correcting your smile is a great decision and one that you won’t ever regret.